Vaticon for All!
We would like to welcome you to Vaticon 24, a lot of people have worked very hard to make this weekend happen. The reason we do this is to raise money for charity and to create an inclusive gaming community where everyone feels safe and happy to be themselves and enjoy the games and activities they love.
In order to maintain that community and the atmosphere it brings, we would like to ask you to follow our code of conduct:
- No form of harassment, physical or otherwise will be tolerated here at Vaticon, in any form. (insults, stalking, bully, unwanted attention etc.) We ask that if you witness any harassment that you report it to a member of our Team (Burgundy t-shirts) or if none are to be found, a staffer (Blue t-shirts) or a member of the UCD student Centre Staff. (Blue uniforms)
- Please consider your language at all times, you are in a public location and activities other than Vaticon are taking place, and it is not just you and your friends her, Vaticon is frequented by all kinds, including children and families, please remember that.
- Any language that could be considered sexist, homophobic, transphobic, racist etc. will not be accepted.
- Please refrain from using offensive topics as a form of humour – remember you are in a public place and can be overheard easily
- Be inclusive of everyone when participating in activities at Vaticon, everyone has equal right to be here and enjoy themselves and everyone of has different tastes in gaming and interests – there is no wrong way to be a gamer, and no form or media of gaming is superior to another.
- Respect the space and boundaries of others, if someone claims to be hurt by your behaviour please respect them, and make an effort to not do further harm.
- Please be respectful to the staff when reporting a breach of the code of conduct r complaint – they are volunteers and they only want to help.
- In the event that the code of conduct is breached by a member of Vaticon Staff (Committee or Staffer) please contact Nathan Lennon or Ciara Spencer immediately.
The Vaticon Staff will reserve the right to ask anyone not following the code of conduct to leave the event – or Vaticon entirely – immediately. If you have failed to follow the code of conduct and have been asked to leave an event or Vaticon, please co-operate and be respectful.